Rocky Mountain Recreation will begin managing 99 designated dispersed camp sites on the South Platte Ranger District portion of Rampart Range Road starting Friday, May 21.
Each campsite is numbered, and designated parking areas are marked. Thirty of the campsites are available for reservation through recreation.gov and 69 sites are first come, first serve. Campers will be issued a tag to hang in their vehicle. Reserved sites will have a “Reservation” card posted at the campsite with the name of the visitor.
- $15 for all numbered individual sites
- can accommodate up to 3 vehicles and 10 people
- $25 for group sites (sites 19, 23, 50, 86 and 89 must be reserved)
- can accommodate up to 5 vehicles and 15 people
- All parking lots and trailhead parking will remain free for day use.
Fee station locations:
- Entrance of Rampart Range Road near the intersection of Highway 67 and NFSR 300
Future fee station locations:
- Dakan Road
- Jackson Creek Road
- South Rampart Range Road near the district boundary
Remember to pack out your trash and recreate responsibly. Have a back-up plan in case the campsites are full and please be respectful of other forest visitors. For more information on designated dispersed camping contact the South Platte Ranger District office at 303-275-5610.
Map of the designated dispersed camping. Click on map for a downloadable version.